Saturday, May 26, 2007

GETTING BEAT DOWN AND GETTING BACK UP


Feeling the blows of failure is quiet a difficult thing to handle. What do I mean? 10 years on one film is just too long. There are days I feel beaten by life and just feel like giving in and handing in the bloody towel I just used to wipe my beaten, bloody, and bruised face clean. What happens if I give up? Nothing really happens at all. Dreams become old dust covered crumbling books in a shelf in the back of my mind. Life moves on, who cares. For those of you who have quit I feel little sympathy for you. Why don't I quit? I just don't want to wake up when I'm fifty and say "what could have been?...what could I've done if I just kept moving forward." There's that little monster that lives inside of me. This fouled mouth smelly creature somewhere deep in my guts tells me to "KEEP GOING! DON'T STOP! " In all of our lives we meet people who say you can't do it...your not good enough. I've heard things just like that. It makes the monster grow inside. Getting, bigger, and bigger. I hear the deep raspy voice say "DON'T STOP! DON'T LET THE DREAM DIE! "
What led me to this rant. I just had to get it out of me. We all have dreams don't give in! Don't give up! Don't let the dream die!
10 years of ideas for new films sit on the dusty self in my brain. Soon I'm going to be getting to work again on something new. Once The Other Side Of Hell is done. Its time to move forward.

No comments: